Discipleship is the passion that drives everything we offer. We define discipleship as learning to walk with God. So whether its a 10,000ft summit, a first trout caught on a flyrod, or sharing your story for the first time out loud— our desire is to help individuals understand God’s availability and His desire for deeper relationship.
Since 2006, we have been pairing wilderness programming with discipleship. We lead, guide and instruct backpacking, flyfishing and alpine experiences for males and females 18 years and older.
Man was created in the wilderness (Genesis 2:4-15) and its in the wilderness that we can hear God speak the loudest, away from distraction, testing our limits and finding clarity. The lessons learned in the wilderness classroom setting help shape the soul. The wilderness was created to show us of God’s existence, love and pursuit of our heart (Romans 1:20 / Genesis 1:1-25). We would love to help you find and experience Him in a new or renewed way.
STAFF AND GUIDES
STAFF AND GUIDES
Executive Director, Lead Instructor/LeadGuide
Chachi’s experience with wilderness and adventure-based programming and spiritual leadership are extensive. He has been leading, guiding and instructing backpacking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, backcountry and mountaineering trips/programs in the Southeast and out West since 2003. Chachi served with YoungLife for 8 years, was the Youth Pastor at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church for 3 years, was the College Pastor at Campus Church Milledgeville for 2 years and has been leading TRAIL from its start in 2006. He has a passion for seeing individuals walking with the Lord and teaching confidence through wilderness skills and experiences. He, his wife, Grace, and daughter, Hope, currently reside outside Cleveland, Tennessee, where they continue to lead, build, and promote TRAIL Ministries.
Lead Guide- Montana
He is a stud from from Montana.
Guide- Southeast / Montana
Blaze is currently a student at Lee University majoring in Business with a marketing emphasis and is also on the Flyfishing Team. He grew up in the Cleveland, TN area and graduated from Bradley Central High School in 2018. Throughout high school he played baseball and was a FCA leader. His love for the outdoors started at a young age fishing with his dad. He has always connected with God through the outdoors and is excited to help others find deeper relationship with the Lord through His creation. He is the guy who brings the laughter at all times!
• We have to be excellent in the platform from which we share the Gospel. Whether its Bible studies or backcountry programming people have to know that we have enough experience to lead them.
• We share from our experiences and invite others into our story to help them experience Christ and become more fully aware of His availability.
• We define wilderness as a place that we can go to and also as a place that we carry with us. We need others and God to navigate both.
• We define discipleship as learning to walk with God. We live this out through inviting young people into almost every aspect of our lives, broken or whole, in order to be able to share the Gospel.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in one God comprised of three parts: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in God the Father, whom we have access to through the sacrifice of His only Son, Jesus, who died on the cross to cover the debt for our sins.
We believe in God the Holy Spirit.
We believe in God the Son, through whom we have forgiveness of sin and access to the Father.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and its essentiality to true faith.
We believe in the priesthood of the believers and our ability to interact directly with God.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and therefore is infallible and accurate.
We believe that God desires a deep and intimate relationship with everyone.
We believe in the need for other Believers to help us walk through this world.
We believe in the local church and the world’s need for its existence.
• Romans 8:12-17- We are co-heirs with Christ. We have been adopted into the Sonship/Daughtership of God.
• Malachi 4:1-6 - Our goal is to reestablish the relationship between the hearts of fathers and sons/daughters.
• 1 John 1:1-14 - We believe in process and God’s availability throughout the whole experience.
• James 1:1-18 - Trials and hardship produce fruit for the ones who endure it with a steadfast faith.
• Jeremiah 29:11-14 - The only way to know what God is up to is to seek Him and spend time in His presence.
• Isaiah 61:1-11 - God is passionate about restoration.
• Psalm 1:1-6 - In order to grow strong, we must spend time with the Lord.
• Psalm 48:14 - God is our guide. A guide isn’t a dictator but a co-participant with experience.
• 1 Corinthians 13:11 - Growing up is essential for our relationship with God.
• 1 Corinthians 9 - Do whatever it takes to win someone for the Gospel.